Thyroid Imbalance is a very common condition that can often be misdiagnosed or even imitate other medical conditions. The thyroid is a butterfly shaped gland that controls our metabolism and regulates most every system in our body. If your thyroid is not operating correctly then neither are you. There are two types of thyroid conditions, over active thyroid or Hyperthyroidism, and under active thyroid condition known as hypothyroidism. Thyroid conditions often times go unnoticed, especially in women. It is extremely difficult to diagnose a thyroid imbalance, and many medical professionals disagree as to the impact an imbalanced thyroid has on our overall health.
• Mood Swings
• Difficulty regulating body temperature
• Depression and Anxiety
• Weight gain or loss
• Irregular emotions
• Hair loss
• Difficulty sleeping or insomnia
If you find you associate with one or more of these symptoms you may be one of many individuals suffering from an imbalanced thyroid and not even realize it.
Thyroid imbalance affects more than 30 million individuals every year in the U.S. In more than 10 million of these individuals these thyroid conditions will go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed do to the varying symptoms.
Here are some ways you can support your Thyroid function:
- Make sure you are taking your multivitamins
- Going gluten free
- Try to reduce stress in your life
- Get at least eight hours of sleep a night
- Make sure your digestive system is operating properly, maybe introduce a probiotic.
- Find a functional medicine doctor in your area and have them run the above laboratory test and work with you to find our root cause of the thyroid imbalance.
For those who have questions or perhaps wish to make a scheduled appointment, please contact us at 928-733-6291.